Casper's Haunted Christmas is a 2000 direct-to-video film produced by Harvey Comics and Mainframe Entertainment based on the character Casper the Friendly Ghost, and was released by Universal Studios Home Video on October 31, 2000. Unlike its direct-to-video predecessors, this video was completely computer animated. It stars Brendan Ryan Barrett as the voice of Casper. Randy Travis provided original music.
Kibosh, the King of Ghosts, decrees that Casper must scare someone before Christmas Day or he will be banished to The Dark for all eternity. To make sure this happens, he confiscates the Ghostly Trio's Scare licenses and flings them to Kriss, Massachusetts where they meet the Jollimore Family. When Casper's good behavior starts to act up, the Ghostly Trio call in Casper's lookalike cousin Spooky and his girlfriend Poil to do the job.
- Brendan Ryan Barrett - Casper
- Kathleen Barr - Carol Jollimore
- Ian James Corlett - Little Kid
- David Kaye - Narrator
- Graeme Kingston - Fatso
- Terry Klassen - Stinkie
- Scott McNeil - Stretch, Noel Jollimore
- Tegan Moss - Holly Jollimore
- Colin Murdock - Kibosh
- Tabitha St. Germain - Pearl (poil)
- Lee Tockar - Snivel
- Samuel Vincent - Spooky
- Ian Boothby - Co-writer
- Roger Fredericks - Co-writer
- Kris Zimmerman - Voice Director
- Byron Vaughns - Producer
- Owen Hurley - Director
Baskin Robbins made a tie-in promotion with the VHS release of Casper's Haunted Christmas, by inventing a Casper-themed ice cream flavor that was available throughout December. Also, the worldwide ice cream store chain also inserted a coupon good for free ice cream sundaes inside every video.
On 2000 Universal Studios Home Video release the film on VHS. However on 2007 Classic Media and Genius Entertainment re released the film on DVD. Do to NBC Universal/Comcast's purchase of Dreamworks Animation and Classic Media, Universal Pictures is likely to regain the films rights and re release again.
- This is the first Casper movie not to have Ben Stein involved as a cameo.
- This is the first Casper movie in full cgi rather then live action and cgi.
- This is the second Casper movie to be released by Universal,The first being Casper 1995.
- Randy Travis had collaborated with Kath Soucie the voice of Kat Harvey in The Spooktacular new adventures of Casper on Annabelle's Wish 1997 Movie.
- Byron Vaughns producer collaborated with Steven Spielberg executive producer,Deanna Oliver and Sherri Stoner Writers of Casper 1995 Movie to do episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures.
- The front cover of this film was later used on the 2015 DVD re-release of Casper 1995 Movie.
- This is the only Casper film to be rated G by the MPAA; all of the previous Casper films were rated PG by the MPAA.
- The early NTSC home media releases of the film were released in a low pitch. However, current NTSC home media printings correct it in a normal pitch (as opposed to having that treatment for PAL releases).
|Direct-to-Video/Television films||Casper: A Spirited Beginning | Casper Meets Wendy | Casper's Haunted Christmas | Casper's Scare School|